Industrial Hemp Program

Cannabis Cultivation Licensing &

Industrial Hemp Grower Registration

Voluntary Industrial Hemp Transportation

The Imperial County Board of Supervisors adopted the Voluntary Industrial Hemp Transportation Policy as a means to aid the county's industrial hemp industry when transporting industrial hemp out of Imperial County through U.S. Customs and Border Protection checkpoints.

For additional information, please refer to the linked Guidelines or contact our office.

Can I grow Industrial Hemp in California?

All commercial growers of industrial hemp must register with the county agricultural commissioner prior to cultivation.

An "established agricultural research institution," as defined in Food and Agricultural Code (FAC) Section 81000, should inquire about growing industrial hemp in Imperial County prior to doing so by calling our office.

How do I register with the state/county to commercially grow industrial hemp?

Registration to grow industrial hemp is now available. You can find the required registration forms at the CDFA Industrial Hemp Program website linked below. Read them thoroughly, fill them out completely, and bring all required documents and applicable fees to the Agricultural Commissioner's office to process your application.

Cannabis Cultivation Licensing Activity

For information regarding the local commercial cannabis licensing process, please visit the

Imperial County Planning Department website.

For state licensing and other related information, please visit the

California Department of Food and Agriculture's (CDFA) CalCannabis website

Translate »